perl5 portgroup

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Sep 4 21:48:10 PDT 2012

On 2012-9-5 11:05 , Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> This perl5 portgroup proc does not handle this version correctly:

> set perl5.moduleversion 1.03ii
> puts [perl5_convert_version ${perl5.moduleversion}]
> 1.3.{}
>

> Manually setting the version after "perl5.setup" fixes the problem.
>
> I was wondering if there is any code in base or another portgroup that might handle this better.

This code mimics the 'normal' formatting in perl's version module, which
actually raises an error in this case:

% perl -Mversion -le '$v=version->new("1.03ii")->normal; print $v'
Invalid version format (non-numeric data) at -e line 1.

This suggests that 1.03ii is not a valid version for a perl module.

- Josh