[97575] trunk/dports/lang/ecl/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 9 07:48:09 PDT 2012

On Sep 9, 2012, at 08:07, Mark Evenson wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Sep 9, 2012, at 07:35, easieste at macports.org wrote:
>>
>>> Needed to explicitly name llvm-gcc-4.2 as the compiler for OS X 12.x.
>>> Maybe this needs to be done for other platforms?
>>
>> Why? What happened using clang?
>
> The build fails with clang, running into a segmentation fault when the bootstrap images attempts to compile the system Lisp.
>
>> If anything, the compiler choice should be based on the Xcode version, not the OS version.
>>
>> Usually you'd just write:
>>
>> compiler.blacklist clang
>
> I don't have access to other OS X versions to test enough, so I thought that this would be the minimally destructive specification as I *know* that clang fails on OS X 12.x.

Ok, I can confirm the crash at build time when I force Mountain Lion to use clang anyway.

I also produced a crash at build time on Lion with Xcode 4.3.3, which uses clang by default. The Lion buildbot also crashed at build time. Building with llvm-gcc-4.2 was fine.

I also produced a crash at build time if I force my Snow Leopard machine with Xcode 3.2.6 to use clang. Building normally (with gcc-4.2) was fine.

So I changed it to just blacklist clang entirely in r97582.