hdf5-18 openmpi conflicting with gcc46

Srinath Vadlamani srinath.vadlamani at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:08:11 PDT 2012

Thank you Eric.  Your suggestion with a "-f" got me back in the game.

I like the idea of consistent compilers throughout the tool chain build.
I wish this was the default, ie.

port install-gcc46 <packages>....and all packages from there on out are
built with the version of gcc46.

I guess use of llvm is for speedup, but the dedicated compiler would help
with consistency.

Thanks again,
<>Srinath
Srinath Vadlamani