[97657] trunk/dports/lang

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Tue Sep 11 13:37:08 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 03:32:04PM -0400, Michael Dickens wrote:
> I've already had folks writing me that octave (via octave-devel) is now
> broken during build, because the linked libstdc++ does not contain
> certain symbols.  I cannot fix this issue since it requires the correct
> libstdc++ for the given GCC.  I would -highly- advise reverting this
> change for the time being. - MLD

I haven't run into that, but what I'm seeing is that my octave that was
linked against gcc45's libstdc++ now fails at runtime:

  octave(24531) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fff76cc2860: pointer being freed was not allocated
  zsh: abort (core dumped)  octave

I assume this is because gcc45 is (regrettably) built with
--enable-fully-dynamic-string, which makes its libstdc++
binary-incompatible with the system's, at least for C++ programs that
use the standard string class.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/