[MacPorts] #36111: ghc-7.4.2 fails to build on osx-12.1.0

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Sep 12 05:40:25 PDT 2012

On Sep 12, 2012, at 2:14 PM, MacPorts <noreply at macports.org> wrote:

> I've seen similar issues which magically vanished when re-attempting the
> build. Can you just re-try and see if the issue persists? Also consider
> disabling parallel builds by appending build.jobs=1 to the command line
> you use to install ghc.

Re-running the install command seemingly gets me further in the
build, but again stops at another point with the same command.  So,
it is probably something with the parallel build colliding between
threads.  Since ghc is such a long compile anyways, instead of
limiting the threads bia build.jobs, I guess I will just keep
restarting the build.

THanks for the quick help.