migration handling

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Sep 13 08:12:13 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Jeremy Lavergne
<jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org> wrote:
>> Thoughts? What's already available for this? What is needed? What
>> isn't possible?
>
> We probably just need to store the version of the OS/Xcode in the sqlite db. If something doesn't match, we should (could) refuse to run and print out messages like you suggest.

That sounds like quite a bit less work than I anticipated.

I also note that there's a script that can perform some of the
reinstall work. Is there any reason that this couldn't be (hasn't
already been) incorporated into port? It could be enhanced to include
requested and active state of ports as well.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448