PackageMaker.app location

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Sat Sep 15 08:24:45 PDT 2012

Hi:

Hopefully this is a simple question.  I wan't to try making a .dmg of
port on Lion using XCode 4.4.1.  I found that PackageMaker.app is no
longer installed by default.  (Used to be on XCode 3.X.)  Running
'port -d dmg myport' says:

>Warning: PackageMaker.app not found; you may need to install it or
>set packagemaker_path in macports.conf

A little searching on developer.apple.com turned up "Auxillary Tools
for XCode -- Late July 2012" that includes PackageMaker.app.  I
downloaded it.

Where do these tool go?

I copied PackageMaker.app into the XCode.app bundle in the same spot
as the other tools but I still get the same message above and the dmg
created is way too small.

Craig