new chemoinformatics port: cmake & "Framework ApplicationServices not found"

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 25 17:15:30 PDT 2012

On Sep 25, 2012, at 18:36, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> I would like to try to install Indigo
> (http://ggasoftware.com/opensource/indigo) to be able to draw chemical
> formulas in TeX.
>
> I'm attaching my first attempts to create a Portfile, however I'm stuck with
>    ERROR: Framework ApplicationServices not found
> in CMake. The build nevertheless starts, but later fails with
>    make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework',
> needed by `dist/Mac/10.7/shared/indigo-renderer-c-test-shared'.  Stop.

As of Xcode 4.3, SDKs are not located in /Developer anymore, but that is the location indigo hardcodes in common/cmake/MacFrameworks.cmake and common/cmake/SetBuildParameters.cmake; that needs to be fixed.

cmake already provides mechanisms to learn the SDK path; projects like indigo don't need to do so manually. At least, I found code to do so in /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Platform/Darwin.cmake. I don't know cmake so I don't know how indigo can access that code.