Update to mythtv-core.25

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Sun Sep 30 12:29:16 PDT 2012

On Sep 30, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht <brad at pixilla.com> wrote:

>> I want to fallback to macports-clang-3.0 on XCode 4.4 AND 4.5.  Is that what is happening?

Yes.  It should be.

> I do not know how compiler.fallback works. Maybe we need to add "compiler.fallback-delete apple-gcc-4.2".

No.  Don't remove something from the fallback.  If apple-gcc-4.2 doesn't work, then add it to the blacklist.

>> Also, I think we need to add a depends_lib on macports-clang-3.0.  At least, that's how I read the following ticket:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/32542

You misread that ticket.  Specifically, the logic is:
"""
A build dependency should always be added for the port.

If it's gcc4X (not llvm-gcc42 and not apple-gcc4X), there should additionally be a lib dependency.

If the compiler is *clang* or apple-gcc42, it should skip_archcheck.
"""

So add the build dep.
If it's gcc4X, (it's not, skip).
If it's *clang* (it is), skip_archcheck.

That matches what was added.

>> Finally, I've searched all the portfiles and I can't find another instance of a port appending to the compiler.fallback list.  I see that feature was added in the following revision:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/88676

Yes, it's fairly recent to base.  I wanted to preserve the fallbacks, but if this port is really finicky (which it seems to be), perhaps you should use compiler.whitelist instead.