Is the long error message at rev-upgrade wanted or a bug?

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Thu Apr 4 04:05:46 PDT 2013

I upgraded a few ports manually

	$ sudo port upgrade libgsf orbit2 policykit webp wget youtube-dl py27-libxml2

because gwenhywfar is failing for me at the moment, which is why "sudo port upgrade outdated" failed for me always.

The manual upgrade worked fine, but is the long error message on rev-upgrade a bug or a wanted feature?

---
.
.
.
--->  Updating database of binaries: 100.0%
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.0%
--->  Found 20 broken file(s), matching files to ports
--->  Found 2 broken port(s), determining rebuild order
--->  Rebuilding in order
     gwenhywfar @3.11.3
     aqbanking @4.2.4
--->  Computing dependencies for gwenhywfar
--->  Building gwenhywfar
Error: org.macports.build for port gwenhywfar returned: command execution failed
Please see the log file for port gwenhywfar for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_gwenhywfar/gwenhywfar/main.log
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
Error rebuilding gwenhywfar
    while executing
"error "Error rebuilding $portname""
    (procedure "revupgrade_scanandrebuild" line 382)
    invoked from within
"revupgrade_scanandrebuild broken_port_counts $opts"
    (procedure "macports::revupgrade" line 5)
    invoked from within
"macports::revupgrade $opts"
    (procedure "action_revupgrade" line 2)
    invoked from within
"action_revupgrade $action $portlist $opts"
    (procedure "action_upgrade" line 25)
    invoked from within
"$action_proc $action $portlist [array get global_options]"
    (procedure "process_cmd" line 95)
    invoked from within
"process_cmd $remaining_args"
    invoked from within
"if { [llength $remaining_args] > 0 } {

    # If there are remaining arguments, process those as a command
    set exit_status [process_cmd $remaining..."
    (file "/opt/local/bin/port" line 4785)
---

I would have though it is enough to signal that building gwenhywfar failed.