Webkit-gtk3 or webkit-gtk-devel

Guido Soranzio guido.soranzio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 04:50:43 PDT 2013

On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:49 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

>> In summary, I think that MacPorts could simply limit to these three distinct ports:
>>
>> webkit-gtk
>> webkit-gtk3
>> webkit2-gtk3
>
> webkit-gtk was already updated to version 2. Is there a reason to keep version 1 around?

Webkit2 is a new API layer that is not compatible with the current one
(<http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKit2>): it supports a new process model
similar to what Google Chrome offers, where the web content lives in a
separate process from the application UI.

Now that Google has decided to fork WebKit and to make evolve their own
engine Blink separately, this second-generation API should emerge and
undergo new developments.

Guido

--
https://github.com/gui-dos/Guigna