Removing a port

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 04:58:55 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'd like to remove a port ('montage') that I set up originally and
which doesn't follow the guidelines for setting the C compiler,
because this is virtually impossible without re-arranging the whole
package. This port is causing issues for users who are relying on it,
so I would like to remove it as soon as possible, an remove it as a
dependency for a couple of other ports. The guide mentions to insert a
warning in pre-configure - are there any examples of ports that are
already doing this so that I can get an idea of how to do this? Would
it also be ok to remove it sooner than one year? The port is not
working well at all and causing issues for users, so I'd much rather
just remove it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Tom