should I try adding globus toolkit ports?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Apr 12 14:26:23 PDT 2013

On Apr 12, 2013, at 06:05, Dennis van Dok wrote:

> I've recently worked on creating ports for a selection of the Globus
> Toolkit, especially the clients.
>
> The work contains about 36 individual ports.
>
> I would like it if this work became part of the standard macport
> distribution, but before I file 36 tickets for each of the ports I'd
> like some feedback from the developers if they think this is a good idea
> and has the chance of making it into the distribution.
>
> For review, my work can be found on github:
>
> https://github.com/dvandok/globus-macports

When users who haven't submitted many ports before begin submitting ports, there are often several changes that need to be made to conform to our guidelines and use our available features most effectively. So it helps if you can submit just a single port first, listen to our feedback on it, make corrections, and get it into MacPorts. Then you can use that knowledge to submit a second port that hopefully doesn't need as many changes, and so on. Once you find that your port submissions are being accepted without any changes, then you can make tickets for multiple new ports.