Finding a port's dependency which requires universal?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 18 15:56:15 PDT 2013

On Apr 18, 2013, at 16:00, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>>> Well then uninstall them.
>> How do I find out which are actually needed in their universal variant for other ports than for previously installed wxwidgets.

Ah. I see the problem.

> Maybe:
>
> port -v installed |grep 386 |grep active

That's a good start. That would show you installed active ports that have the i386 architecture -- both those that you asked for and those that were installed that way as a dependency.

You could also try:

port -v installed requested and active | grep i386

This would show you any ports that you actually asked for that have the i386 arch. If there aren't any, then you'll know that you can uninstall any universal ports with the i386 arch and reinstall the non-universal one if you want.