[104965] trunk/dports/sysutils/smart/Portfile

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Apr 21 07:11:35 PDT 2013

Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> This should be using port:-style dependencies, not lib:-style. lib:-style allows libraries installed outside of MacPorts to satisfy the dependency, and this is usually not desirable.
>>>

>> If you say so...
>>
>> I can think that the bin/lib-style dependencies are quite useful sometimes,
>> and by giving up on them you require either duplicating already existing
>> system features or complicating license issues such as OpenSSL versus GPL.
>> Especially in the contrast to arbitrary "rule" exceptions, like cc or make.
>
> I only meant:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#syslibs

Yeah, and I meant that sticking to that policy will cause bloat and headaches:
dependency 'openssl' has license 'OpenSSL' which conflicts with license 'gpl'

I don't think that the "drawbacks of this policy are minimal", but if you want
to avoid /usr and /usr/local at all costs the port in question is now fixed...

depends_lib	path:lib/python2.5/site-packages/rpm/__init__.py:rpm port:python25

You still have to make decision about the rpm support one day, but maybe later ?

--anders