wxPython now broken

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Aug 1 20:04:09 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>>> On Aug 1, 2013, at 9:09 PM, Mojca Miklave wrote:
>>
>> apart from gnuplot the following ports might also need a revbump
>> for the sake of wxWidgets-devel:
>>
>> ./devel/poedit
>> ./math/wxMaxima
>> ./python/py27-wxpython-devel
>> ./science/gnuradio
>>
>> Should I simply increase the revision for all of them and commit?

I don't dare changing gnuradio because it uses a zillion of different
versions and I don't want to do something wrong. The buildbot doesn't
compile wxMaxima because of
    "gnuplot must be installed with +wxwidgets30"
and I'm not sure if there is anything that I could do about it, but
wxPython (py27-wxpython-devel) is sadly broken, most probably because
there is no 2.9.5 version out yet. I didn't try it, but I would bet
that py-wxpython30 is broken as well. (I'll file a ticket, but it made
sense to apologise. If there is a huge number of users bitten by this,
it might make sense to switch back to version 2.9.4.)

Mojca

PS: here's the confusing list of python ports and their dependencies:

py-wxpython
    py-wxpython @2.8.12.1_1
    py24-wxpython @2.8.12.1_1       [python24, wxWidgets]
    py25-wxpython @2.8.12.1_1       [python25, wxWidgets]