[108691] trunk/dports/www/serf1

Blair Zajac blair at orcaware.com
Thu Aug 1 21:24:43 PDT 2013

On 8/1/13 9:15 PM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
> Please don't just drop +universal support from a port which provides libraries.

This wasn't intentional, I didn't know I was breaking it.  Looking
through my commit again, there's nothing in there that indicated to me
that it had universal support or it was going to break.

> Please be *EXTRA* careful not to break subversion, a dependent of serf which is now broken if +universal after this update.
>
> It's a PITA when subversion breaks because many of us use subversion to update dports, so if you break subversion, it becomes non-trivial to update dports to get the fix.

Don't you get your primary architecture in any case?  What happens if
libserf-1.dylib has one of its architectures removed, does svn break?
I'm ignoring the fact in my question that libserf-1.0.dylib was renamed
to libserf-1.dylib which required a rebuild.

Out of curiosity, why do people care about universal builds?  So they
can rsync a build to another platform?  Just trying to understand the
ramifications of this change.

Blair