Help to develop some python package ports

Sterling Smith smithsp at fusion.gat.com
Fri Aug 2 11:29:48 PDT 2013

MacPorts Developers,

I'm new to the list.  Please gently correct any missteps I make.

For reasons to remain unnamed, I need to install several python packages for which there are not yet ports.  While I would usually do a `pip install <package`  on linux (and this possibility exists with the py-pip port), I would like to develop the ports so that these ports can be dependencies of a later port (also not yet developed).

I still need to go off and read the documentation for how to develop ports, but I wondered if someone could point me to an already developed portfile for a python package which basically emulates `pip install` so that I could learn by example.

Thanks,
Sterling

PS Thanks for all you've done; MacPorts is great.