Certificate Authorities: curl-ca-bundle, certsync, keychain

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Mon Aug 12 13:36:07 PDT 2013

On Aug 12, 2013, at 3:40 PM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> wrote:
>> We should also wait before updating dependencies, otherwise users on stable 2.2.0 who don't already have curl-ca-bundle installed will get the non-autoloading certsync.
>

> as opposed to curl-ca-bundle which auto-updates? ;-)

Theoretically, it could "autoupdate" via MacPorts :P

I actually don't think this is a problem. I thought that those users would be stuck with a non-syncing certsync (or would have to load the plist manually). But unless I'm misunderstanding the base code, it looks like the StartupItem will be loaded automatically whenever certsync is activated using a release that supports startupitem.autostart. So a revbump would take care of it.

vq