wxPython

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Aug 13 18:38:05 PDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Michael Dickens wrote:
>>
>> There are a number of ports which rely on wxWidgets-devel (including one
>> I maintain), so I've been waiting for your branch's commit before I move
>> this port over to using wx*30 (or, whatever its name ends up being).
>
> Please feel free to do "svn cp" from trunk/dports to my personal tree
> and feel free to do the necessary adjustments there (since wx-config
> is no longer in PATH, it has to be found with different configuration
> options). I welcome commits from others.

I now created a copy of gnuradio in my personal tree. Please try to
modify it, so that it will find wxWidgets-3.0.

> My plan would be to commit the following ports from my "wxports" for now:
>
> system:
>   _resources/port1.0/group/wxwidgets-1.0.tcl
>   sysutils/wxWidgets_select
> wxPython:
>   graphics/wxPython-3.0
>   python/py-wxpython-3.0
> dependencies:
>   python/py-robotframework-ride
>   python/py-winpdb
> obsolete:
>   python/py-wxpython30
>   python/py27-wxpython-devel

I realized that I left out two more ports which depend on wxPython
(grass, gnuradio), but the list could now be extended to:

core:
  - graphics/wxWidgets-3.0
obsolete:
  - graphics/wxWidgets30
  - graphics/wxWidgets-devel
dependencies:
  - devel/poedit
  - math/gnuplot
  - math/wxMaxima
  - aqua/pgAdmin3
  - gis/grass
  - multimedia/mkvtoolnix
  - science/stimfit
  - perl/p5-alien-wxwidgets
  - perl/p5-graphics-gnuplotif
help needed:
  - science/plplot
  - science/gnuradio

I'm still testing some of dependencies, gnuradio feels a bit
complicated, so I leave that one to you, while I have absolutely no
idea how to fix plplot.

This strategy would already allow having both wxWidgets 2.8 and 2.9
installed side-by-side (with some minor problems if both were active
during building), so at least the testing and modifications of
dependencies of 2.8 could be postponed.

Mojca