Deactivate currently active version of a port before building?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 15 19:59:05 PDT 2013

On Aug 15, 2013, at 21:51, Leo Singer wrote:

> I am working on updating the htcondor port to version 8.1.0. It turns out that the htcondor build produces a faulty binary if an older version of htcondor is already installed. Is there a way to deactivate any installed version of a port before entering the configure phase?

PortGroup conflicts_build 1.0

conflicts_build ${name}

> Are there any examples of ports that do that?

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/devel/thrift/Portfile

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/graphics/podofo/Portfile

https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/mail/notmuch/Portfile

Ideally, however, you'd fix the real problem (rearrange the -L and/or -I flags so that /opt/local/lib and /opt/local/include appear *after* any paths for the work directory).