case sensitivity of variant names

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Aug 19 00:46:43 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> I think we should fix variants to work case-insensitively:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/25970

Thank you. I didn't see the ticket before.

Mojca

PS: I also wish I would get a warning when a variant name isn't
recognized, or at least some explicit statement about which variants
are going to be selected. I often end myself installing software only
to figure out that the option wasn't selected after half an hour, when
the installation is finished. Typical errors include misspellings,
wrong case (one port requires "+wxWidgets", others require
"+wxwidgets"), dash instead of underscore ("+wxwidgets-devel") etc.
etc.