Subversion 1.7 and 1.8

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Aug 19 14:19:39 PDT 2013

On Aug 19, 2013, at 5:12 PM, Jim Jagielski <jimjag at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
> > As far as the port that was added to this thread, that's not a way to get a port into macports.
>
> Who said it was?

you attached it to your message to the list - which isn't a good way to get feedback or to get someone to look at it.

as I've mentioned (more than once now) how you should actually go about doing this, I'm going to avoid attempting to explain again. Perhaps I'm being unclear or someone else will attempt to explain.

> > I've also mentioned (a few times), that this effort would likely be better spent getting git-svn working with subversion 1.8.
>
> Again, it is. And likely, as the pain is felt in larger and larger circles, it will be.

it's not (zero-sum), but if you think it's worthwhile to make a workaround instead of fixing the problem (or in addition to), then I'm not standing in your way.

> But in the meantime anyone who uses MacPorts and git-svn is screwed.

there's already a workaround (don't upgrade, or revert to svn 1.7) and you've proposed a solution but have yet to actually try to get it implemented.

As I'm not really contributing anything useful at this point, this will be my last post on this thread.

--
Daniel J. Luke