[109683] trunk/dports/multimedia/mkvtoolnix/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 23 02:47:04 PDT 2013

On Aug 20, 2013, at 00:43, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:

> The real solution is to try and limit the usage of macports-gcc-4.X usage to build C++ code within MacPorts.  It will only lead to increasing problems like this.

Yeah. Unfortunately, it seems clang does not support all the C++11 features mkvtoolnix uses; as I'm sure you saw, when using clang, the configure script says:

checking for support for C++11 feature "initializer lists"... no
checking for support for C++11 feature "range-based 'for'"... no
checking for support for C++11 feature "right angle brackets"... yes
checking for support for C++11 feature "'auto' keyword"... yes
checking for support for C++11 feature "lambda functions"... yes
checking for support for C++11 feature "nullptr"... yes
checking for support for C++11 feature "tuples"... no
The following features of the C++11 standard are not supported by ccache /usr/bin/clang++:
  * initializer lists
  * range-based 'for'
  * tuples
If you are using the GNU C compiler collection (gcc) then you need
at least v4.6.
configure: error: support for required C++11 features incomplete

Do you think these features are likely to be added to clang soon?