[109950] trunk/dports/python/py-pyqwt/Portfile

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Fri Aug 23 09:48:00 PDT 2013

PyQwt does not seem to honor environment variables, nor does it provide
an obvious means for settings variables such as CC, CXX, CFLAGS,
ARCHFLAGS, or the like.  I have not yet had time to investigate further;
I hope to in the next few days / early next week.  The queue grows
longer ...

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013, at 09:10 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> So when not building universal, universal -arch flags are still ending up
> in these Makefiles. Where are these flags coming from? They're not
> supposed to be coming from python anymore now that this bug was fixed:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39669

I do not know where they come from yet.  But I have seen them on other
Python ports even after that ticket was fixed.

> And does it really do no harm to remove all -arch flags from the
> Makefiles? How does build_arch get enforced?

build_arch does not get enforced, but since just about everyone builds
for the native system (whatever GCC or LLVM or CLANG provides when not
issued -arch or -mXX flags), this seems like a safe interim solution
while I figure out how to enforce them.

> About those reinplaces: note that reinplace can affect any number of
> files in a single invocation; you don't have to keep repeating the
> regexp. Also note that using "reinplace -E" you get modern regular
> expressions which can simplify some of your statements.

The guy who develops SIP is patching this bug hopefully today.  I'll
push that update once it's out including removing some of the reinplace
fixes.  I still need to leave the ones for "arch", CC, and CXX for now,
until I can figure out why they are there and/or how to set them
properly. - MLD