Deleting ports: bittorent, py-dsv & spe

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Wed Aug 28 02:18:28 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 03:41:25AM +1000, Joshua Root wrote:
> I think it should be reworked to install the client side as a port,
> since it needs to be opt-in anyway, and then you could just do 'sudo
> port load portstats' (or whatever we call it) to have it automatically
> report at regular intervals.

Yes, that certainly is a way to handle that. I would like to guide all
users into making a decision on this, though – e.g., by printing a
warning after each installation, if there has neither been an opt-in,
nor an opt-out. I don't want opt-out to be the default, because that
might render the statistics useless.

--
Clemens Lang