Fortran recipe

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Wed Aug 28 12:30:11 PDT 2013

Keeping similar-function code (e.g., "how a user selects which Fortran
to use) similar across "Portfile"s is a good objective, but there needs
to be room for each maintainer to do what s/he believes is the correct
thing.  Reviewing the changeset you provided, and the prior Portfile, I
think you're fully justified in reverting it back to what it was before,
if that's what you want to do.  Your "recipe" was pretty concise (unlike
others which declare each variant explicitly and separately), and it
does what -you- as the port maintainer want it to do.  An alternative
would be trying to use the current setup and manipulating it to do what
you want; reverting is easier, of course. My US$0.02 worth, for what
it's worth. - MLD