wxWidgets

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Fri Aug 30 07:11:27 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Joshua Root wrote:
> On 2013-8-30 04:30 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> I had problems putting the symlinks to
>> $prefix/share/bakefile/presets/ because that path doesn't exist.
>
> That can happen if you use 'file link' to create links in the destroot
> that point to to absolute paths. We have the 'ln' proc to avoid this
> problem.
>
> If the target directory is empty, you probably also need to use
> destroot.keepdirs?

Just to explain (or rather ask). There are five different (sub)ports
which install the files in their own directory and can be selected
with "port select --set wxWidgets <name>". The "port select" part
tries to install a few symlinks to $prefix/share/bakefile/presets/,
but it cannot because this folder doesn't exist. My main question is
what would be more appropriate:
a) all five ports should create empty folders (so that they will exist
if "port select" will try to install symlinks there)
b) wxWidgets_select should create those folders
c) "port select" should check that the folders exist before trying to
create any simlinks, and if they don't create the folders on demand.

My preference would be (c) > (b) > (a), but I don't know if (c) can be
done. In case it cannot, I would try to do (b). Michael did (a) for a
two or three of those five (sub)ports yesterday.

Mojca