[114205] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/octave-1.0.tcl

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Mon Dec 2 17:48:53 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013, at 08:32 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2013, at 09:29, michaelld at macports.org wrote:
> > +
> > +	# work-around for case-insensitive file systems when the
> > +	# extract directory name is the same as the octave module name
> > +	# except for letter case; should always work no matter if the
> > +	# file system is case-insensitive or case-sensitive.
> > +
> > +	move ${workpath}/${worksrcdir_name} ${workpath}/tmp-${worksrcdir_name}
> > +	move ${workpath}/tmp-${worksrcdir_name} ${workpath}/${octave.module}
>
> This really failed before? I’m surprised we don’t have a general fix for
> this yet. I’d love to get this kind of fix into “proc move”. The whole
> reason we have wrappers like “copy” and “move” is so that we can abstract
> away things like this.

It actually failed on a buildbot of all places.  octave-nan's tarball is
actually "NaN", but internally octave builds it as "nan" so I have to
rename the tarball main directory to be what octave requires. The "move"
from "NaN" to "nan" failed with a direct move, which means to me that
the file system is case-insentive; the indirect move works.  I found it
strange that "move" didn't handle this already, but I mostly just wanted
to fix it to work in those odd cases that users might encounter -- hence
the quick fix instead of looking elsewhere. - MLD