C++11 on Mountain Lion and lower?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 4 06:18:48 PST 2013

Hi,

> you dropped the last text block from my mail where I said
> that I think that macports shouldn't care much
> about users using macports libraries for their own software.

I very much disagree here. MacPorts is *not* just about providing a
bunch of applications for users to run, but also about providing a
framework within which people can develop their own private
applications. This has been something MacPorts has cared about and I
very much hope it stays that way.

Note, this does not mean I don't agree that perhaps the best appropriate
here is to declare c++11 unavailable in macports in anything less than
OSX10.9. Both internally to MacPorts, for building ports, and externally
to users. That might well be the best way to proceed....

Chris