C++11 on Mountain Lion and lower?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 4 23:52:47 PST 2013

On Dec 4, 2013, at 20:16, Joshua Root wrote:

> And there are machines with 64-bit processors but 32-bit EFI that can't
> go past 10.7.

Which machines are you thinking of?

The system requirements of Mavericks are pretty liberal:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5842

For example, the mid-2007 MacBookPro3,1, which I have, which is supported, has a 64-bit processor but under Snow Leopard boots to the 32-bit kernel. Under later OS releases my understanding is that it boots to the 64-bit kernel.

> Almost every recent release drops support for something.

Mavericks’ system requirements are pretty darn close to Mountain Lion’s:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5444