port command

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 9 02:28:01 PST 2013

On Dec 7, 2013, at 14:06, M. Daniel Becque wrote:

> Can I use the following syntax to try to build boost now that gcc48 is installed or do I have to use install to use configure.compiler?
>
> port upgrade boost configure.compiler=macports-gcc-4.8

I believe that should work, yes.

And for anyone else reading: just to reiterate, changing the compiler is usually not recommended, but this specific change is being suggested to assist PowerPC users building boost, since it fails with all other compilers. See: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/39809#comment:24