build.macports.org unavailable again

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Dec 10 19:29:18 PST 2013

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 11:34:02PM -0800, William Siegrist wrote:
> Actually, IIRC, buildbot does do some memory-only storage like that.
> We can try throwing more memory at the master to accommodate. Perhaps
> Mavericks for whatever reason generates more log lines? Or adding
> Mavericks logs to the existing set of logs always being processed has
> put us past a tipping point?

I've been monitoring the current attempt at building the remaining ports
and it seems the buildbot is currently hanging at the valgrind-devel
port. It *should* be running a post-fetch phase from the Portfile that
uses the svn protocol to check out some sources, but I don't see any
progress in the log anymore[1].

Could you maybe just kill the port process (or the svn process, if
that's still running) on the Mavericks slave? It doesn't matter if the
valgrind-devel build fails in this case, because valgrind-devel will not
build on Mavericks anyway.

[1] The log is currently at about 2.1 GiB. Seems unlikely it would start
    to cause problems at this size.
--
Clemens Lang