delete file

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 11 11:30:12 PST 2013

On Dec 11, 2013, at 12:12, Peter Danecek wrote:

> I have the following code snippet in my Portfile. However the `delete file` command fails, while the `file delete` command work. So what is the issue here. I thought it would be saver to use `delete file`, even if the possibility that someone is still running 10.3 is quite remote.

There is no possibility that anyone is running current MacPorts with 10.3 or earlier because MacPorts base does not compile on 10.3 or earlier and hasn’t for years. But you should use “delete” instead of “file delete” because it provides a central place where we could in the future fix other file deletion bugs.