Any wxMSW users out there?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Thu Dec 12 06:23:08 PST 2013

Hi,

a while back I did a clean-up of wxWidgets ports, including wxGTK, but
I didn't touch wxMSW. The question is: does anyone really need wxMSW
or may we delete it?

The port is outdated (the version 2.8.4 is from May 2007, it hasn't
even been upgraded to version 2.8.5 from September 2007) and fails
already during configure (it is possible that the problem is at least
somewhat related to MinGW, but I don't really know).

And yet there is no single bug report requesting an upgrade or a fix
to allow building the port.

My assumption is that nobody has been using this port for a long time.
I would suggest to delete it unless there are any objections or needs
to keep it around.

Mojca