[114687] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/github-1.0.tcl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Dec 13 18:03:28 PST 2013

On Dec 13, 2013, at 18:34, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Ports want to change worksrcdir, for example to build in a subdirectory of the distfile. However, ports using the github portgroup and its ability to fetch a tarball generated from a github tag, which is what we’re talking about here, have zero reason to change the distname, so I think using that variable is a good idea.

After “sudo port extract”ing all ports that use the github portgroup, I’m convinced this change is ok. The few ports that aren’t extracting are failing for other reasons, like checksum mismatches. Committed the change to use ${workpath}/${distname} in r114702.

The only problem this change (and the previous changes already) caused are that they match the github.author and github.project case-sensitively. This is good, but github’s web server seems to transparently handle case mismatches. So we had a couple ports specifying the case incorrectly, which resulted in extract failures; I’ve fixed these. (It’s also possible that the developers did a case rename on their github projects after we added the ports.)