[114668] trunk/dports/security/KeePassX/Portfile

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Fri Dec 13 20:02:29 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2013, at 11:25, eborisch at macports.org wrote:
>
> > +platform darwin {
> > +    if {${os.major} < 13} {
> > +        # Build fails with clang: unsupported
> -stack-protector-buffer-size=4
> > +        # (even though clang -help lists option)
> > +        compiler.blacklist          clang
>
> This is probably wrong; you should probably base the blacklisting of clang
> on its version, not on the OS version. Use the compiler_blacklist_versions
> portgroup. Also list any affected MacPorts clang ports.

Agreed, I was just trying to push some ports out of c++ lib limbo land. :)

Taking a look closer, I really want - in order to be as close to what the
original option was doing, while still moving to libc++ - a clang that
supports -fsanitize=address, which the OSX version doesn't:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/clang/clang-425.0.24/src/tools/clang/test/Driver/darwin-asan-nofortify.c

I was thinking of just setting the compiler to be macports-clang-3.3 (which
does support it) and then adding the cxx_stdlib switch you also suggested
for CXX11 support on/off. Does that sound reasonable?

 - Eric