Why does MacPorts try to rebuild cmake universal?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 19 00:28:57 PST 2013

I’m trying to install a port universal on Leopard. It fails because one of its dependencies is cmake, and:

Error: cmake cannot be installed for the configured universal_archs 'i386 ppc' because it only supports the arch(s) 'i386 x86_64’.

Why is MacPorts trying to install cmake universal? It’s already installed non-universal, and the cmake Portfile contains the line:

installs_libs no

I thought that line was supposed to explain to MacPorts that this port installs no libraries, therefore its architectures don’t need to match, therefore there’s no need to rebuild it.

I don’t want to have to add the line:

depends_skip_archcheck-append cmake

to every port that uses cmake to fix this problem.