Launchpad-links to non-existing executables stay behind after deinstalling mythtv-core.27

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 30 16:11:33 PST 2013

At 5:06 PM -0500 12/30/13, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
>On Dec 30, 2013, at 9:57 AM, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>>  Yes, that would be expected behaviour.
>>MacPorts has no way of knowing that the link
>>was created so it ends up pointing to a
>>now-deleted file after an uninstall.
>
>Where do the links come from? Are they created by MythTV at runtime?
>
>If MacPorts' MythTV creates symlinks in
>${applications_dir} at runtime, you should add a
>post-deactivate phase that deletes the symlinks.

Hmmm, Marko said LaunchPad but I was thinking of
one of the third party launching utilities.  I
don't actually use Apple's LaunchPad.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5548

Myth installs double-clickable Applescript
helpers that you can drag to the Dock--which
auto-magically creates a link. What I've
experienced is that when Myth is uninstalled, the
link on the Dock remains.  Perhaps LaunchPad is
doing the same.  The Myth ports DO clean up after
themselves.

Craig