[102536] trunk/dports/python/py-hgsubversion/Portfile

Sean Farley sean at macports.org
Mon Feb 4 15:03:13 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2013, at 16:39, Sean Farley <sean at macports.org> wrote:

>>> That's not necessarily an error. Ports can either append categories to those the portgroup sets, or overwrite them; the former is preferred, but the latter is not an error if "python" is the first listed category.
>>
>> Fair enough, but I find it a little odd that 144 ports named py-* need
>> to overwrite them. I am by no means volunteering to do the work of
>> combing through them, though :-P
>
> I've looked at the ports in the python folder. The only one that overrides the categories erroneously is py25-mpdclient2. Maintainer Cc'd.

Oh? How did you check? Searching for categories of py-* ports that use
the python-1.0 group and have 'python' in the categories without using
append (which seems erroneous to me) gives me 125:

$ grep -l 'categories .*python' -r dports/python/py-* | xargs -I{}
grep -l 'python 1.0' {} | wc -l
125

For example, py-yaml or py-bottle both overwrite categories with 'python devel'.