Is it worth persevering with Macports_Framework?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 01:59:03 PST 2013

On 10/02/2013, at 8:11 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2013, at 00:39, Ian Wadham wrote:
>> Should I persevere with Macports_Framework?
>
> What alternative do you propose?

For myself, acting alone?  None.  Find something smaller and
easier to work on - not Macports_Framework, Pallet or other GUI.

For Macports?  That's up to you guys.  Fix it or forget it, or at least
withdraw Pallet and Macports_Framework from distribution for the
time being.

If someone can fix MP_Fr, I can assist, but I do not think I can
handle it alone.

Maybe there is scope for a simpler interface to Macports, such as
running scripts and intercepting the output, but I have not looked at
that.  I think maybe MP_Fr does something like that already ...

Cheers, Ian W.