r102562 and #34056 wrt 10.5 pango +universal

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Feb 11 19:39:30 PST 2013

> Before you try an older pango, just remove the graphite2 dependency from harfbuzz; it's optional.

Well, pango also depends on graphite2. Can it be removed from pango as well as harfbuzz?

> Can the muniversal portgroup help?

I'm not sure (never really made use of muniversal before). Though I do notice it could use some updating on its list of ${configure.compiler}:
http://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/muniversal-1.0.tcl#L59

> Can depends_skip_archcheck help?

This sounds ideal, since graphite2 is pulled in both by harfbuzz and pango itself. Simply having an build tool operate is all that's really needed. I'll explore this one immediately, but feel free to explain how muniversal could be employed in this instance.

Thanks again for the pointers!