[102939] trunk/dports/graphics

Michael Dickens michaelld at macports.org
Tue Feb 12 05:09:17 PST 2013

On Feb 11, 2013, at 10:34 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:
> +subport qwt-devel {
> +    version         6.1.0-rc3
> +    distname        qwt-6.1-rc3
> +    conflicts       qwt qwt52 qwt60 qwt-60
> [snip]
> +}
>
> Should this be qwt61 instead of qwt-devel?

Maybe.  Seems like there will likely be 6.1.1rcX somewhere down the
line, since that's what this developer seems to do.  Also, keeping with
the tradition of "FOO-devel" being "the latest" and "bleeding edge"
version of FOO, this name works for me.  Sometime there will likely be a
need for qwt61, which would "replace" this one at least temporarily.

> Are you working on making these ports not conflict with one another? The naming convention qwtXY implies that they do not conflict.

I already added the "conflicts" to all of these ports.  I could do file
renaming so that they do not conflict, but that's not the goal here
mostly because the API for each is somewhat different from the others
and hence not fully API or ABI compatible.  That said, some dependents
of the Qwt series can use any qwt[56] version since they are written
specifically to do so.  The primary exception, thus far, seems to be
pyXY-pyqwt, which works (in my testing) for Qwt5 only.

I will correct the other issues shortly; thanks for pointing out default
behavior (I find it difficult to remember which are defaults and which
are not, so I generally err on the side of just putting things in). -
MLD