[103079] users/cal/base-sqlite-portindex/src/port1.0/portmain.tcl

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Sat Feb 16 09:01:09 PST 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 03:45:34PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> > portmain: define option procs without space at the end
>
> Why? We've been putting a space before the backslash everywhere else,
> except when that results in badness (i.e. in notes).

I'm not sure why I saw this, but while I was testing my changes for
regressions by generating a fresh port index (which runs every Portfile,
with the default variants), the ghc port errored out because it couldn't
find compiler.library_path. Some debugging suggested that the option was
actually created, but did have a space at the end (i.e.,
{compiler.library_path } value would have worked).

I'm not sure why this did not happen previously, but I assume the space
has always been there to begin with but was later stripped (e.g. in proc
options).

> > +        installs_libs copy_log_files compiler.cpath compiler.library_path\

This change removing the space after compiler.library_path fixed the
issue for me.

--
Clemens Lang