RFC: Support for future compilers in base

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Mon Feb 18 16:19:23 PST 2013

On Feb 15, 2013, at 14:11, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> I haven't actually tested this code but I'm sure a language like Tcl must support such a construct. But if you want to commit it as you sent it (but with Rainer's change) we can always refine it later.

I beat my head against the keyboard trying to get that to work, and the short of it is that I got fed up with tcl.  I kept getting lint errors when I did 'return a' rather than 'if a return true else return false'

> On Feb 15, 2013, at 15:29, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia wrote:
>
>> I hate tcl, and it hates me.  If you want to do something like that, please do so, but I'm very limited in what *I* can do based on how much time I (don't) want to devote to tcl.
>
> Sorry. :) I kind of like Tcl in a weird way. Feel free to send me your Tcl questions or frustrations.

Ok, I'll push my changes in a moment, and then I'll send a refinement patch for the boolean return that you can hopefully debug =)

--Jeremy