mutt-devel

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Feb 25 15:44:34 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:13:01PM +0000, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> I've just ran selfupdate which included mutt-devel which failed & upon
> searching I found this outstanding ticket:
> <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/35709> which last saw comment three
> months ago as far as I can tell.
>
> Like the original person who filed the ticket, I'm also on Snow
> Leopard & it was kind of left that this couldn't be re-produced on
> Mountain Lion.
>
> The meat & potatoes of the error is:
>
> 'make[2]: *** No rule to make target `wcscasecmp at U@.o', needed by
> `mutt'.  Stop.'
>
> Please advise. Should I uninstall & compile from a tarball?

Which variants do you use to compile mutt-devel? With those given in the
ticket, I cannot reproduce the issue and no mention of wcscasecmp
contains a @U@ macro. In fact, none of wcscasecmp strings I found use
any variables, so I suspect this might be something automagically added
by automake/autoconf.

Can you try adding "use_autoreconf yes" to the Portfile and see if that
helps?

--
Clemens Lang