[103436] trunk/dports/devel

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon Feb 25 15:57:35 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 05:32:07PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Perhaps it's not clear that MacPorts does not run tests automatically.

I was aware of this. The tests variant in libCUDF was merely an
oversight. See r103439: "libCUDF: move c-lib tests out of the variant".

> In an ideal world, you'd just add that to depends_test, but this is
> not an ideal world and depends_test has not been implemented yet.

That was the reason for the tests variant.

> If anyone wants to implement that in base, that would be great.

Yes, that should be done. It's not too hard either, I think it's only a
couple of places to touch. See #38208.

> I suggest you still dispense with the variant and instead check for
> the dependency in a pre-test block.

See r103441: "ocaml-cudf: simulate depends_test".

--
Clemens Lang