[100945] trunk/dports/net/fwknop/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Jan 2 11:42:13 PST 2013

On Jan 2, 2013, at 2:25 PM, Blair Zajac <blair at orcaware.com> wrote:
> BTW, there are other ports that have a mixture of licenses in them.  For example, the old Subversion 1.6.x distributed some utility scripts that are GPL, even though Subversion is Apache-2.  So what do we do in that case?

In that specific case, I think we can put the GPL utility scripts in a non-default variant (which is what we did, right?) as the buildbot won't build it and won't dist it (I would guess that we should probably also update the license in the variant in case macports attempts to build or distribute variant builds in the future).

> What happens if separate parts of a port have incompatible licenses?

then we can't distribute binaries of it (we might be able to split it up and distribute binaries of parts of it, but maybe we just have to let end-users build it themselves instead).

--
Daniel J. Luke