[100945] trunk/dports/net/fwknop/Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jan 3 02:38:39 PST 2013

On 2013-1-3 06:25 , Blair Zajac wrote:
> So we use {} to mean choice?  Since we're quoting, can we add |,so it
> would be {BSD|GPL}?

'|' is not recognised as a separator. It's a regular Tcl list.

> BTW, there are other ports that have a mixture of licenses in them.  For
> example, the old Subversion 1.6.x distributed some utility scripts that
> are GPL, even though Subversion is Apache-2.  So what do we do in that
> case?  What happens if separate parts of a port have incompatible licenses?

The completely correct approach is to list all the licenses, e.g. "GPL-2
Apache-2". Then you need to set license_noconflict in dependents where
the automated check detects a conflict, but you have manually determined
that there is no license conflict (because it doesn't create a
derivative work using any of the conflicting code).

There's a hack that's sometimes used with ports that have e.g. LGPL libs
and GPL executables, where the license is written {GPL LGPL}. This saves
putting license_noconflict in a bunch of dependents that have a
GPL-conflicting license.

You have to be careful using this hack, since if there's a dependency
with a GPL-conflicting license, the executables (and thus the entire
port archive) are in fact non-distributable. But the automated check
will see that LGPL is a choice and allow it.

- Josh