Where to include port version in 'port pkg' output?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Jan 3 02:49:01 PST 2013

On 2013-1-3 09:23 , Blair Zajac wrote:
> On my testing on 10.7, the package that is generated from 'port pkg'
> doesn't contain any version info, so it looks like Mac OS X treats it as
> a 1.0 package.
>
> Given I don't know anything about Mac OS X packaging and need this for
> an internal project, where is the appropriate place to put a version
> number?

I implemented the flat pkg support, but I don't know exactly where the
version should go or how it should be formatted, sorry. The available
documentation isn't very good.

These are the best references I found:

<http://s.sudre.free.fr/Stuff/Ivanhoe/FLAT.html>
<https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/DeveloperTools/Reference/DistributionDefinitionRef/Chapters/Distribution_XML_Ref.html>